5 Yiheyuan Rd
BICMR, Peking University
Haidian District, Beijing 100871
P. R. China
Office: Jingchunyuan 78, Room 78406-1
Email: tongj at bicmr dot pku dot edu dot cn
I am teaching Advanced Mathematics A (II) 《高等数学A（二）》 in Spring 2022.
for the course syllabus. More information will be posted in 北京大学教学网
I will hopefully teach Advanced Mathematics A (I) 《高等数学A（一）》 in Fall 2022.
Positions and Mentoring
- For postdoc applicants: We have funding for one postdoctoral position starting from 2022. Successful applicant is expected to have expertise in analysis of PDEs in fluid dynamics or related scientific subjects. Apply through Mathjobs and write me an email.
- For PhD applicants: We are looking for PhDs with strong interest and passion about exploring the beauty of math and the world. It would be great if your interests happen to match with mine (see above). Apply through the routine procedure, and in the meantime, write me an email with your transcript and curriculum vitae.
- For PKU undergraduates who are pursuing research opportunities:
If you are interested in doing undergraduate research on PDEs that arise from physics, fluid dynamics, and biology etc., feel free to contact me.
Having learned PDEs is not a prerequisite.
If you have yet not found a clear interest but would like to see what research in PDE is like (you are not alone!), I am happy to talk too.
I am on the mentor list of the Applied Math Rotation Program.
Publications and Preprints
- Global solutions to the tangential Peskin problem in 2-D
Jiajun Tong, arXiv:2205.14723. Submitted.
- Tumor growth with nutrients: regularity and stability
Matt Jacobs, Inwon Kim and Jiajun Tong, arXiv:2204.07572. Submitted.
- Darcy's law with a source term
Matt Jacobs, Inwon Kim and Jiajun Tong, Arch. Ration. Mech. Anal. 239(3), 1349-1393 (2021).
- The $L^1$-contraction principle in optimal transport
Matt Jacobs, Inwon Kim and Jiajun Tong, arXiv:2006.09557. To appear in Ann. Sc. Norm. Super. Pisa Cl. Sci..
- Interface dynamics in a two-phase tumor growth model
Inwon Kim and Jiajun Tong, Interfaces Free Bound. 23(2):191-304 (2021).
- Regularity of minimizers of a tensor-valued variational obstacle problem in three dimensions
Zhiyuan Geng and Jiajun Tong, Calc. Var. 59, 57 (2020).
- Regularized Stokes immersed boundary problems in two dimensions: well-posedness, singular limit, and error estimates
Jiajun Tong, Comm. Pure Appl. Math. 74(2), pp. 366-449 (2021).
- Directed migration of microscale swimmers by an array of shaped obstacles: modeling and shape optimization
Jiajun Tong and Michael J. Shelley, SIAM J. Appl. Math. (2018), 78(5), 2370-2392.
- On the viscous Camassa-Holm equations with fractional diffusion
Zaihui Gan, Fang-Hua Lin and Jiajun Tong, Discrete Contin. Dyn. Syst. (2020), 40 (6): 3427-3450.
- Solvability of the Stokes immersed boundary problem in two dimensions
Fang-Hua Lin and Jiajun Tong, Comm. Pure Appl. Math. 72(1), pp. 159-226 (2019).
- Guiding microscale swimmers using teardrop-shaped posts
Megan S. Davies Wykes, Xiao Zhong, Jiajun Tong, Takuji Adachi, Yanpeng Liu, Leif Ristroph, Michael D. Ward, Michael J. Shelley and Jun Zhang, Soft Matter (2017), 13, pp. 4681-4688.
(This paper also contributes a cover art to that issue of the journal.)
- Stability of soft quasicrystals in a coupled-mode Swift-Hohenberg model for three-component systems
Kai Jiang, Jiajun Tong and Pingwen Zhang, Commun. Comput. Phys. (2016), 19, pp. 559-581.
- Stability of two-dimensional soft quasicrystals in systems with two length scales
Kai Jiang, Jiajun Tong, Pingwen Zhang and An-Chang Shi, Phys. Rev. E (2015), 92(4), 042159.
Updated in May 2022.