- Scientific computing, rare events and saddle point algorithm
- Math Biology, computational systems
News and Events
- 2020/10, Congratulations to Yucen Han and Jianyuan Yin for the paper “Solution landscape of a reduced Landau-de Gennes model on a hexagon" being accepted by Nonlinearity. This is a joint work with Prof. Pingwen Zhang and Prof. Apala Majumdar (University of Strathclyde).
- 2020/10, Congratulations to our group members, WANG Haoran and HUANG Zhen for their excellent achievements in S. T. YAU College Student Mathematics Contest 2020. WANG Haoran 1 Goald (individual all-around) and 2 Silvers (Applied and Computational Math, Analysis and Differential equations) , HUANG Zhen 1 Bronze (Applied and Computational Math) [Link]。
- 2020/10, Welcome Dr. YAO Xiaomei (PhD at Beijing Normal University) join our group！
- 2020/09, Congratulations to Dr. HAN Yucen for her award “Newton International Fellowship" by the Royal Society, UK. She will work with Prof. Apala Majumdar (University of Strathclyde).
- 2020/08, Congratulations to Ruotai Li for his paper “Numerical discretization of variational phase field model for phase transitions in ferroelectric thin films" has been accepted by Commun. Comput. Phys.. This is a joint work with Prof. Qiang Du (Columbia University).
- 2020/07, Welcome Dr. Donghang ZHANG (PhD at AMSS, CAS) join our group！
- 2020/07, Congratulations to Bing Yu and Jianyuan Yin for their paper “Searching the solution landscape by generalized high-index saddle dynamics" has been accepted by SCIENCE CHINA Mathematics.
- 2020/06, Congratulations to QIAO Lingxia, GUO Xiaolu, HAN Yucen, ZHAO Wei for successfully passing the thesis defense! They will be postdocs at UCSD，UCLA，U. of Strathclyde, UCI, respectively.
- 2020/04, Congratulations to Dr. Kuan Tao for his paper “Tuning cell motility via cell tension with a mechanochemical cell migration model” has been accepted by Biophysical Journal. This is a joint work with Prof. Feng Liu (CQB, PKU).
- 2020/04, Congratulations to Ruotai Li for his paper “Variational Phase Field Formulations of Polarization and Phase Transition in Ferroelectric Thin Films” has been accepted by SIAM Journal on Applied Mathematics. This is a joint work with Prof. Qiang Du (Columbia University).
- 2020/04, Congratulations to Yucen Han for her paper “A Reduced Study for Nematic Equilibria on Two-Dimensional Polygons” has been accepted by SIAM Journal on Applied Mathematics. This is a joint work with Prof. Apala Majumdar (University of Strathclyde).
- 2020/03, Congratulations to Bing Yu for his paper “Global optimization-based dimer method for finding saddle points” has been accepted by Discrete Contin. Dyn. Syst. Ser. B.
- 2020/03, Congratulations to Jianyuan Yin for publishing the paper “Construction of a pathway map on a complicated energy landscape” in Phys. Rev. Lett.. This work is joint with Prof. Pingwen Zhang and Prof. Jeff Z.Y. Chen in University of Waterloo.
- 2019/12, Congratulations to Yucen Han and Zirui Xu for publishing the paper “Pathways connecting two opposed bilayers with a fusion pore: a molecularly-informed phase field approach” in Soft Matter. This work is joint with Prof. An-Chang Shi in McMaster University.
- 2019/11, Congratulations to Jianyuan Yin for publishing the paper “High-index Optimization-based Shrinking Dimer Method for Finding High-Index Saddle Points” in SIAM Journal on Scientific Computing. This work is joint with Prof. Pingwen Zhang.
- 2019/09, Welcome Dr. Yuzhe ZHANG (Poly. University of Hong Kong) join our group！
- 2019/09, We published the paper “Network topologies that can achieve dual function of adaptation and noise attenuation” in Cell Systems. Lingxia Qiao and Wei ZHAO are the co-first authors
- 2019/07, Welcome Dr. Lu (Lucy) Klinger (University of Sydney), Dr. Zhen Xu (Beijing Normal University) join our group！
- 2019/06, Congratulations to Yucen Han to publish the paper "Transition Pathways between Defect Patterns in Confined Nematic Liquid Crystals" in Journal of Computational Physics. This work is joint with Prof. Pingwen Zhang and Yucheng Hu (Tsinghua University).
- 2019/06, Congratulations to TAO Kuan succesfully passed the thesis defense. He will join the Beijing Sports University in Fall.
- 2019/05, We succesfully held the Fourth A3 Workshop on Mathematical Life Science in BICMR, Peking University.
Graduate students and Postdocs Position
- We are constantly recruiting diligent and bright Ph.D. students.
- We have postdoc positions available! Candidates with recently awarded Ph.D. degrees from all countries in the area of computational math and math biology are encouraged to apply. These are two-year full-time positions, with salary ranged from 180,000 to 250,000 Chinese Yuan (RMB) per year (before tax). Once accepted, they are also qualified for all other benefits of Peking University postdoctoral fellows, including health insurance and subsidized housing arrangements.
- If you are interested in working with us, please send your CV to me directly.